PushPull is an instrument developed as part of the 3DMIN project. Get all information about it at its dedicated gihub page!
- a custom-made bellow,
- a pair of microphones to capture the bellow’s “breathing”,
- a 6DOF inertial sensor, and
- several encoders, buttons and capacitive sensors.
Moving the hand piece controlls the air stream within the bellow and guides air to blow over microphones. The inertial sensors in the hand piece together with capacitive finfertip sensors allow to continuously shape the digital parts of the sound.
Impressions from the building process can be found in the corresponding news section.
- 02.2016 – PushPull/WaveSetter trio at ZKM GLOBALE: Performing Sound, Playing Technology, Karlsruhe
- 07.2015 – PushPull/WaveSetter trio at NODE+CODE 9+10, Frankfurt a.M.
- 07.2015 – PushPull/WaveSetter duo at Hybrid Talks, Berlin
- 02.2015 – third place at the Guthman Musical Instrument Competition.
- 11.2014 – Paper presentation at ICLI 2014 (pdf)
- 11.2014 – PushPull Trio at ICLI 2014 (Abstract), Lissabon
- 10.2014 – PushPull Trio at ICMC/SMC in Athens
- 07.2014 – PushPull Trio at Roter Salon
- 06.2014 – PushPull Trio at the Audio Communication Day 2014
- 04.2014 – PushPull Trio at Modality concert, presented by nescivi and STEIM at OT301